74 1211 07
December 11, 1974
White Oak School Moved
The old White Oak School was one of more than two dozen schools that existed in Treutlen County. After the children were gone the building stood figuratively alone on a high hill overlooking Miller Pond on the road from Soperton. These two photographs were made as the house was being prepared for moving to Lothair. It was turned into a home by Jack Barwick, who is shown with Clayton Stephen at the old white oak for which the school was named. The schoolhouse was on the north side of the road, and the tree was on the south side.
Others that week: Basketball, Christmas parties, 3rd grade, 4-H, B&PW Club, model health care program, Naomi Labon's house burned, THS students, decorations downtown, Soperton Methodist and Baptist churches.
Yes, we are still making pictures of the Soperton Sign Man's signs, and we are posting them on
TREUTLEN E-NEWS - http://treutlenenews.blogspot.com