Saturday, December 23, 2006

A Merry Christmas comment from Ben Stein

A friend forwarded a commentary by Ben Stein that I found interesting. The internet is one huge grapevine with turns and twists, so I usually Google "forwards" and often I learn from snopes that some things are untrue or only partially true. So here's the snopes link about Ben's words:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/benstein2.asp

The latest signs by the signman:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SETH CARTER ON 12-23.
WELCOME HOME JARVIS MCCLENDON, DENNIS PURIFOY. LACKLAND AFB * TEXAS.

A personal note:
I had a fender bender today and was cited for following too close. No injuries. Praise the Lord! Anytime there's an accident with no injuries, that's something to be happy about. There were three vehicles with three drivers and no passengers. Lead vehicle had slowed or stopped to make a left turn into a convenience store, and a second vehicle was following. I didn't see the second car soon enough. Although I swerved right, the driver's side of my front bumper caught the passenger-side rear bumper of the second vehicle (sort of an Earnhardt maneuver), giving it a turn into the lead vehicle. Damage of the lead vehicle was minor, but the second vehicle was damaged front and rear. All vehicles were drivable, but I won't be surprised if the second vehicle is totaled, as it doesn't take much for that these days. I don't carry collision coverage on my eight-year-old car. I'm hoping my local body man will wait for my tax refund before I pay him. Let's see... hmmm.... front bumper, all left front lights, left front fender, possible right front fender, possible driver's door hinge.....
Look's like the body man's family will have a great Christmas!

No comments: