From the signman:
JAN 1 2007. ENJOY THE BLACKEYED PEAS, GREENS AND THE HOG JOWLS.
TODAY IN HISTORY:
J. P. Mixon was born January 1, 1870. He was a lifelong resident of the county and represented the county in the Georgia House of Representatives 1921-1922.
How quickly a year becomes obsolete! Seems like just yesterday we were living in 2006. Before the following becomes "old hat" let me pass this on. Can't remember who sent or where I "stole" it:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE LIVING IN 2006 when...
1. You accidentally enter your PIN on the microwave.
2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years.
3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of three.
4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you.
5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends and family is that they don't have e-mail addresses.
6 You pull up in your own driveway and use your cell phone to see if any one is home to help you carry in the groceries.
7. Every commercial on television has a web site at the bottom of the screen.
8. Leaving the house without your cell phone, which you didn't even have the first 20 or 30 (or 60) years of your life, is now a cause for panic and you turn around to go and get it.
10. You get up in the morning and go on line before getting your coffee.
11. You start tilting your head sideways to smile. : )
12. You're reading this and nodding and laughing.
13. Even worse, you know exactly to whom you are going to forward this message.
14. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 on this list.
15. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9 on this list.
AND NOW U R LAUGHING at yourself.
Go on, forward this to your friends. You know you want to!
Now, are you ready to move on to 2007?