June 4, 1980 The Soperton News moved into the old two-story bank building constructed in 1912, the home of the Bank of Soperton until 1963 when they built the bank that became the County Annex. The News office had been 106 South First Street (now MLK Drive). Robert Mann takes one of the first views over the decorative marble. Robert lived upstairs at the bank building for a long time. He was an award-winning photographer, who learned every aspect of technology at Suburban Printing. In 2010 he is living in his hometown of McRae and is employed by UniPress in the Treutlen Industrial Park.
Others that week: More News building pix and shots from the roof, TES students of the month of May, an unidentified man, Courthouse trim scraped and painted, wrecked cars of Treutlen Waller and Franklin Joiner.