Thursday, March 1, 2007

Liberals or Conservatives

While I was Googling a while ago I found something interesting that Garrison Keillor wrote in 'The Nation' a couple of years ago. He was writing about radio and made this comment:

"The reason you find an army of right-wingers ratcheting on the radio
and so few liberals is simple: Republicans are in need of
affirmation, they don't feel comfortable in America and they crave
listening to people who think like them. Liberals actually enjoy
living in a free society; tuning in to hear an echo is not our idea of
a good time."

I know a few conservatives who are open-minded, who enjoy hearing liberal views, even debating them. I also know a few liberals who are close-minded, who do not enjoy conservatives, and seem to despise others with opposing views.
I love the analysis, the debate, the prodding, poking fun. I love a good joke.

Those who take time to read it will find something worthwhile in the article from the man from Lake Wobegon at:

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20050523/keillor

No comments: