Friday, December 31, 2010

1986 What? No pictures?


86 0108 05
January 1, 1986


I must have been celebrating the holidays. We had enough old pictures on hand to put in the newspaper, but I evidently didn't come up with anything new for the New Year's 1986 edition. The fish were caught the first week of the year, so that's close enough. Willie Miller and Eric Miller caught the three bass at a local farm pond. Weights: 6, 6.5, and 9.75 pounds.


I sure do miss those good ol' days when people dropped by my house, night and day, with big fish, rattlesnakes, deer, and more.  All that stopped in 1998, when Mr. Windsor sold out, and the new man sent me to cover Wheeler County. 

William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.
See middle box at bottom of the blog.

No comments: