Monday, August 9, 2010

1975 Baby Birds


75 0806 01
August 6, 1975

Why, with all the people pictures available for this week, did I choose a nest of baby birds and one egg? Privilege of age, I suppose. I've always wondered how it would be to be from one of those fast families that create a generation every 20 years. Age 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 - not that hard to produce five generations in a lifetime. Others are slower. I never saw either of my grandfathers.  It's hard for me to believe that my sister has a great grandchild, when I consider that our great grandfather served in the Civil War.
I'm not up on birds. Don't remember whose birds are in the picture or what kind they are. Birds are hatched, grow up, and hatch more eggs, at least one generation per year. So think about that. If you're 85 with 5 generations, you have nothing on the bird with 85 generations. Do birds keep family trees. No, they nest in family trees.
Rambling's over; here's the message: Matthew 6:  26 Look at the birds of the air: they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? - From Jesus' Sermon on the Mount when he said "do not be anxious about your life."

Others that week: Tennis action, softball action, softball umpires, 4-Hers at Rock Eagle, Bicycle Races and Raffle, Coach Berry, and the historic burning of the note for the funds that created the first seating at Bobby Driggers Stadium.


William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.

1 comment:

Scott B. Thompson, Sr. said...

Love this photo. Perfect framing of the birds in this shot.