Sunday, August 29, 2010

1985 Before the Fire


85 0828 06
August 28, 1985

If I had it to do over, I would have made more pictures of the ordinary - the everyday scenes we pass every day without noticing. Nothing all that newsworthy in another accident at the GA29/GA46 intersection. If I had a nickel for every time there was a wreck there I would be a rich man. (Wonder why DOT has never done anything to make the intersection safer.) The more historically important part of the picture is the background. If the arsonist had given me a heads-up, I would have done extensive pictures of the old Guano plant before he burned it up a few days after the wreck photo was made. (DOT should also notice the 35 sign. The speed limit in the middle of town was lower. In 2010 traffic blasts through with little concern for safety.)

Others that week: Frank Malloy at Sweat's speaking to the Lions Club, and a whole bunch of pictures of the Montgomery team and cheerleaders.


William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.
See middle box at bottom of the blog

No comments: