Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Wish I Could Be at Millen Wednesday

I have other essential fish to fry, but I'd love to be at Millen tomorrow for one of the greatest announcements in history. In my mind, more important than any new industry, and my old Alma Mater is right in the middle of it:


University To Announce Camp Lawton Historical Discovery August 18 Via Live Webcast
Georgia Southern University, the Georgia Department of Natural Resources and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will announce the discovery of what experts are calling the most significant Civil War find in decades. The announcement will be made Wednesday, August 18 at 10 a.m. at Magnolia Springs State Park in Millen. The announcement will also be carried live on www.georgiasouthern.edu.

The find centers around Camp Lawton, the largest prison camp of the Civil War. The camp was built in 1864 to relieve overcrowding at the notorious Andersonville prison.

I wish I could be near a computer.

William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.
See middle box at bottom of the blog.

No comments: