Friday, August 13, 2010

My First Rattlesnake

I was a young 54 years old the last time I can recall making a standard, hold-im-up-and-shoot-im, rattlesnake picture. After 12 years my mind has deteriorated to the point I can't recall the first name of the snake dispatcher, who made it a good snake. Coach Mills (left) was just along for the ride. Mr. Miller gets the award for bringing back good old days to a tired, retired snapshooter.


For old time sake, the picture is black and white. Go to TREUTLEN E-NEWS to see it in color.


William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.
See middle box at bottom of the blog.

2 comments:

BillRicksofSoperton said...

Clarification:
Not my first rattlesnake picture ever, but my first one since 1998. My first rattlesnake picture ever was in the late 60s near Statesboro, the day before Thanksgiving. I was working for Rockwell and I was taking pictures of the prize birddogs of my bossman, Barry Bloser.
Bill

BillRicksofSoperton said...

Mr. Miller's first name is Ray. I knew that.