Monday, October 18, 2010

Spider Lilies and Yellow Butterflies

Well, just the lilies.
If you want butterflies, go back a year ago on the TREUTLEN E-NEWS.

Except for the seasonal allergies, the transition from summer to winter is my favorite time of the year. I've been enjoying my spider lilies during the past couple weeks, and this photo on the 12th  when they were at their prime.  I had about three dozen this year, and they are so easy to maintain.

My Mother transplanted them many years ago from bulbs she received from Mrs. Lavada Barwick and Mrs. Helen Perry.  I think of all three of those ladies when I look at the lilies.

Not sure if the greenery is technically a flower, but the color enhances the red of the spider lilies.


William A. Ricks
http://billricksofsoperton.blogspot.com 
Thanks for subscribing to  'Bill Ricks of Soperton'
Once a day delivery to your email box.
See middle box at bottom of the blog.

No comments: